Sunday, December 7, 2008

You Are So Worth It!

Change is uncomfortable and sometimes painful. It requires some struggle, but is so worth the effort. Every time you push yourself physically, you grow stronger and more confident in your abilities. It becomes easier each time, but you have to try. If you don't try, how will you know? You have to have faith in yourself to know you can achieve anything you put your mind to. You are so worth it!
There are many reasons that prospective clients hire me. It could be that they want to lose weight, strengthen their body for everyday movement, develop their core muscles or have visible muscle tone without flexing. The range varies, but the number one issue that most people need help with is the motivation to push them to the level they are seeking. Getting people on track is what I do, but the desire to change has to come from within.
When one struggles with change, there could be a myriad of reasons but two that have a very strong presence is fear and doubt. These feeling are very crippling psychologically, which limits abilities. For example, if you want to lose weight and have gone through the motions of starting, stopping and starting again you should stop and ask yourself, "What is really holding me back?"
Once you uncover your reasons, start the process of positive self-talks and know you can achieve change. Your thoughts are very powerful and drive you to action. If changing your body to be what you want has been a struggle so far in life, know that you can take that step. It starts from within because you are so worth it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure that I am that great at "self talk", but I am enjoying the benefits of noticing change. As I begin to take note of the changes, I realize more and more that I am "worth it" and it inspires me to continue my efforts to meet my current goals and to reestablish new ones. I also believe that having a friend or love one share in your achievements can also inspire you to move forward.

l.jackson said...

There is a saying that goes "faith and doubt cannot coexist". So, I agree that you have to have faith in yourself to achieve those things that you really want. The most important thing is that one's faith has to be unwavering. It's not an easy thing to do; but that is why a person has to have a strong reason for trying to achieve his or her goals. If one's reason WHY is strong enough, it will keep him or her on track during those times when doubt creeps in. I don't always get it right the first time around; but I try to keep this in mind when I'm facing challenges or trying new things. It's definitely a process and thus it's something that I'm always working on.