Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Little Voice Within

Today is Saturday and my day to exercise. When I teach classes or personal train with a client, that is not my workout, it is my clients' or participants workout, so I have to find time for me. I usually take a boxing class because it is different and outside of my comfort level. It is very new to me and something I would not do on my own. (can you relate?) A little voice crept up in me today and tried to keep me home because I was feeling a little lazy. (sound familiar?) Then I had another voice tell me to go, get out and have fun with it. I even had a telephone call right before I left from a cousin that loves to chat. He could have kept me on the phone for another 30 minutes, but I cut the conversation short and told him I had to take my boxing class. When I was finished with my workout, I was glad I did because I had fun and felt energized. My point is, we all have those inner voices that will challenge you to keep you on the couch and from not moving forward. Ultimately, listen to the positive voice within, keep moving toward your fitness goals and a healthier you!

No comments: